2023 East End Planning Conference
When: Thursday, March 30, 3:00-7:30 pm; with optional Walking Tour at 1:30 pm
Where: Atlantis Banquets and Events Center, 431 East Main Street, Riverhead
On March 30th, the APA Long Island Section will be holding the annual East End Planning conference at the Atlantis Banquets and Events Center located at 431 East Main Street in Riverhead in downtown Riverhead. We look forward to an afternoon and evening of discussion on timely planning topics and networking.
The program will include:
- Optional WALKING TOUR: (1:30 – 2:30 pm) (1 CM credit requested). Meet at the Future Town Square, South Side of East Main Street opposite Suffolk Theater. Park in the municipal lot along the riverfront.
- Registration and Networking (3:00 pm – 3:30 pm) / Coffee and Cookies / Sponsor Exhibits
- Welcoming Remarks (3:30 pm – 3:45 pm) Suffolk County Legislator Al Krupski
- Session 1 (3:45pm – 5:15pm): Tale of Two Waterfront Towns (1.5 CM credits)
Presentation and panel discussion of how public/private partnership has helped transform Glen Cove’s waterfront and downtown, with parallels to Riverhead’s continuing waterfront revitalization and TOD redevelopment.
• Mayor Pamela Panzenbeck, City of Glen Cove
• Dawn Thomas, Riverhead Community Development Agency
• Jefferson Murphree, AICP, Town of Riverhead, Moderator
• Joseph Graziose Sr., Executive Vice President, RXR Realty
• David Gallo, President, Georgica Green LLC
- Dinner Buffet (5:15 pm – 6:00 pm) with Keynote Speaker Eric Alexander, Vision Long Island
- Session 2 (6:00 pm – 7:30 pm): Making Downtown Development Work in an ever-changing market (1.5 credits)
• Sarah Lansdale, AICP, Suffolk County Dept. of Economic Development and Planning, Moderator
• Cara Longworth, Empire State Development
• Connie Lassandro, Riverhead Chamber of Commerce
• Kevin Gremse, National Development Council
To REGISTER for this event and pay online, please visit HERE and choose the $25 ticket option OR send a check payable to “LI Section”,Kathryn Eiseman,APA LI Section Treasurer, c/o Nelson, Pope & Voorhis, 70 Maxess Road, Melville, NY 11747. (If paying by check, please also send an email confirmation to Kathy Eiseman at email@example.com).