Cranston Street Armory Re-Use
The State of Rhode Island seeks re-use proposals for the Cranston Street Armory, a 190,000-square-foot historic facility that once housed the State’s militia, located in the West End neighborhood of Providence. It was designed by William R. Walker & Sons in 1907 in a style that is reminiscent of medieval castles. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a monumental masonry building of granite, specialty yellow brick, and terra cotta. Central to the Armory is a 40,000-square-foot drill hall with a clear-span roof structure that slopes up to a maximum height of 80 feet. The vast drill hall is flanked by two four-story headhouses with central stairways and towers.
Full RFP is available at: http://www.purchasing.ri.gov/RIVIP/StateAgencyBids/7602780.pdf