APA-NYM is looking for a new Communications & Engagement Manager!
APA-NYM is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented self-starter to assist the VP of Communications in creating and boosting APA-NYM’s communications and engagement strategies for 2017. This is a perfect position for a graduate or undergraduate student with an interest in urban planning issues in the New York Metro region and a background in journalism, public relations, or writing. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to VP of Communications Jocelyn Dupre at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Communications & Engagement Manager” in the subject line.
Communications and Engagement Manager
American Planning Association: New York Chapter
15-20 hours a week
Start date: February 1, 2017 (flexible)
- Maintain and update APA-NYM’s website with news/updates about the chapter, upcoming events, and timely planning news
- Work with committee members to create original content for the APA-NYM site and assist members in editing, optimizing, and posting content to the site
- Maintain and update APA-NYM’s social media channels with news/updates about the chapter, upcoming events, and timely planning news
- Write, edit and distribute APA-NYM’s bi-weekly e-newsletter via Mailchimp
- Collaborate with VP of Communications to engage APA-NYM members and local planners around planning issues online and at events
- Assist the Executive Committee in promoting the 2017 APA Conference to be held in May of 2017
- Excellent written and verbal skills, experience with “writing for the Web”
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with WordPress website platform
- Proficiency with Mailchimp platform
- Proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Hootsuite (or other social media management platforms).
- Familiarity with basic graphic design (Adobe Suite)