Call for APA New York Metro Chapter 2017 Award Nominations
Each year, the APA New York Metro Chapter bestows recognition on individuals, organizations and projects that exemplify the best of the metropolitan region’s planning work. The awards are meant to highlight excellence in the field and inspire planners of the next generation.
The APA New York Metro Chapter awards encompass a variety of achievements and include recognition for seasoned leaders as well as those just beginning to make their mark. Projects in the private and public sectors qualify, as well as community-based and civic advocacy initiatives. Innovation and impact are highly valued as are those initiatives that demonstrate collaboration and education. Projects at all scales are equally considered.
- Lawrence M. Orton Award for leadership in city and regional planning.
- Paul Davidoff Award for leadership in housing and equal opportunity.
- Andrew Haswell Green Award* to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions for a period of at least 15 years.
- Meritorious Service or Achievement Award to recognize work of unusual merit or achievement.
- Journalism Award (for print, broadcast, or web-based work)
- William H. Whyte Award for creativity and ingenuity in planning.
*formerly the Distinguished Service Award
Nomination Deadline: Nominations should be submitted to the Awards Committee by September 15, 2017. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nominations should include:
- Your name and contact information
- Name of nominated individual(s), organization or project and contact information
- Category of award nomination
- Short narrative explanation for nomination
A list of past NY Metro Chapter Awardees can be found at https://www.nyplanning.org/group-page/awards/