Transportation Planning – Section Lead
Posted: March 23, 2020 | Closing: April 30, 2020
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Section Lead-Transportation Planning we’ll count on you to:
• Take responsibility for operations of production section including staff development, profitability, morale, quality control and marketing support
• Function as Project Manager and take responsibility for production on projects in addition to management responsibilities
• Take administrative responsibility for section staff and technical service functions, and lead and coordinate services with other sections
• Be involved in marketing planning, proposals and interviews
• Be directly involved with industrial and public clients in marketing, project production and related issues
• See that all work is planned, organized, controlled and evaluated through proactive project management system
• Implement, monitor and support company policy
• Select, train, develop and manage technical personnel
• Manage and develop multidiscipline teams
• Work cooperatively with National Directors and marketing staff in local and national marketing and production efforts
Keyword(s): Section Lead, Section Manager, Transportation Planning, job # *LI-MP1
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering or a related field
• 15+ years management experience
• Professional registration or license
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Ability to handle multiple assignments
• Good leadership and organizational skills
• 15+ years of experience required which must include extensive experience leading transportation planning projects for DOTs, MPOs, and local governments.
• Experience with traffic and planning analysis software including Synchro, Highway Capacity Software (HCS), TransCAD, VISSIM, Aimsun.
• Must have a strong understanding of a variety of planning and design project types, including transit,corridor planning and analysis, freight planning, complete streets, and multi-modal planning and design.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Candidates who reside locally and have strong client relationships in the NY/NJ marketplace are strongly preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
How to Apply
Please email Tyce.Herrman@hdrinc.com to learn more.