Transportation Planning Intern
Posted: February 29, 2020 | Closing: March 11, 2020
Transportation Planning Intern- Summer 2020 (ID# 44677) New York, NY
Job Type: Intern
Minimum Experience: 0-1
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree In Progress
Be involved in projects with our Transportation Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Planning Intern for our New York City office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data collection (online and in the field)
- Preparing and verifying data supporting transportation planning and travel analysis
- Processing and interpretation of transportation data supported by the creation of data visualizations
- Produce maps and conduct analysis with Geographic Information Systems
- Conduct research and prepare reports and technical memoranda
- Prepare presentation materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Current standing as a Senior or Graduate student actively enrolled in an accredited Planning or related
- Undergraduate or Graduate program
- Demonstrated some experience in planning, policy, political science, or related field and have a strong desire to advance skills related to transportation projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with ESRI ArcGIS
- Strong technical writing, analytical and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Census Data retrieval and analysis
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
How to Apply
Please create an account and apply at http://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=44677