Transportation Planner/Engineer – (157885)
Posted: March 23, 2020 | Closing: April 30, 2020
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Transportation Planner/Engineer, we’ll count on you to support all aspects of large multi-disciplinary traffic engineering and transportation planning projects that may include:
• Transportation plans – local, regional and statewide
• Traffic engineering studies such as speed studies, signal warrants, parking studies, access management, travel time, traffic impact studies, etc.
• Use of large datasets (HERE, INRIX, etc.) to support model building, calibration, and analysis
• Operational analysis using both microsimulation and deterministic models
• Geospatial analysis and mapping
• Highway/roadway safety analyses
• Transportation planning reports
• Corridor studies
• Transportation demand forecasting/modeling inputs and outputs
• Transportation research
• Transit studies (rail and bus)
• Bicycle and pedestrian studies
• Environmental documents
• Prepare constraints mapping and required documents
• Assist in preparation and participation of public information meetings and hearings
• Perform other duties as needed
Keyword(s) Transportation Planning, Transportation Engineering, Traffic, job #157885 *LI-MP1
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering, or similar. Advanced degree a plus.
• 5+ years of relevant experience with transportation engineering and/or planning.
• Analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
• Computer skills using Synchro/Sim Traffic, HCS, CAD.
• PE and or/AICP certification is preferred.
• On a track toward professional registration (PE, AICP).
• ArcGIS, VISSIM/Aimsun experience
• Experience with NYCDOT, PANYNJ, NYSDOT, MTA preferred.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
• Candidates who reside in the greater NYC area are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-New York-New York
How to Apply
Please email Tyce.Herrman@hdrinc.com to learn more.