Posted: March 23, 2020 | Closing: May 1, 2020
Transportation Planner (ID# 44892)
New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1-3
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Transportation Planner for our New York City office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, collects, analyzes and interprets analytic and written data.
- Creates data visualizations using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Assists in technical writing and report preparation.
- Composes correspondence and reports regarding project activities.
- Assists in researching, analyzing, and determining the potential impact of proposed legislation or policy issues.
- Researches economic, demographic, fiscal, legal, and technical variables for project impact.
- Works with team members and communicates effectively through writing and speaking.
- Possesses ability to handle a wide array of projects and multiple assignments.
- Thinks creatively and critically about planning issues.
- Participates as a team member on assignments.
- Possess familiarity with modeling and statistical software packages.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in transportation and transit planning consulting with New York City metro area agency experience.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication and collaborative skills and mindset are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, planning, environmental or engineering-related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
How to Apply
Please create an account and apply at http://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=44892