Posted: March 23, 2020 | Closing: April 30, 2020
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Traffic Engineer/EIT/Designer we’ll count on you to:
• Work as part of a traffic team under the direction of the Project Engineer/Manager on a variety of traffic forecasting, analysis and design needs for a variety of transportation projects
• Conduct operational traffic analysis using a variety of modeling tools, ranging from highway capacity software to complex micro simulation models; analyze everything from isolated intersections and roundabouts to urban arterials and freeway segments
• Will be responsible for traffic engineering projects such as signal timing, signing, striping, and signal design, construction traffic control, traffic impact studies, safety studies, corridor plans, operations analysis, multi-modal studies etc.
Keyword(s): Traffic Engineer, Traffic EIT, job #157871, *LI-MP1
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Transportation/Traffic engineering discipline.
• At least 2 years of Transportation/Traffic analysis/design engineering experience.
• Computer skills using Synchro/Sim Traffic, HCS, CAD.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• Ability to multitask while working on many projects at once.
• An attitude and commitment to be an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
• EIT certification strongly preferred. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of ‘Coordinator’ and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression.
• Strong verbal and written skills
• ArcGIS, VISSIM/Aimsun experience
• Experience with NYCDOT, PANYNJ, NYSDOT, MTA
• Programming skills (VBA, Python, R, MATLAB, Java, etc.) – especially in support of microsimulation – a plus.
• Candidates who reside locally in the greater NY/NJ area are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-New York-New York
How to Apply
Please email Tyce.Herrman@hdrinc.com to learn more.