Organization: Office of the Bronx Borough President
Posted: January 17, 2019 | Closing: February 6, 2019
Under the direction of the Director of the Division of Topographic and Development, the Topographic Planner responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Managing the street address assignment process for all development in the borough based on information from official maps, property data sources, and developer applications;
• Maintaining a development information database and geographic information system from data extracted from the street address applications with attributes for residential, commercial, and institutional development in the borough;
• Interacting with the public, the development community, and governmental agencies on behalf of the Borough President and answer questions related to the borough map and other property data sources;
• Accepting and logging address applications for the Topographic Office from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm.
• Creating annual development reports using topographic data, and other various research reports using open-source data for internal and external use.
• Assisting in researching and analyzing information for Planning & Development projects.
• Working in a cooperative team environment.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
• A baccalaureate degree in urban studies, planning, or urban geographic information systems;
• Those with an associate degree with a certificate in geographic information systems will also be considered;
• Experience with ArcGIS, Microsoft Office, and AutoCad required.
• Experience with Adobe Suite, Research and Analysis a plus.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000
The Bronx Borough President’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit to Marilyn Olivero at firstname.lastname@example.org a resume and cover letter addressed to:
James Rausse, AICP
Director, Planning & Development
Office of the Bronx Borough President
851 Grand Concourse, Room 301
Bronx, NY 10451