Organization: Office of the Bronx Borough President
Posted: February 1, 2020 | Closing: February 17, 2020
This position is in the Bureau of Topography under the auspices of the Bureau of Planning & Development. The successful applicant will report directly to the Director of Planning & Development and further supervised by the Bureau’s Lead Planner.
Functions pertaining to Topography
- Process Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP) mapping applications, review alteration and damage maps, and provide comments.
- Respond to public inquires and maintain records regarding legal status of streets, addresses, and borough engineering survey data.
- Manage topographic map collections and records about grades, titles, monuments, alterations, damages, and other public information.
- Archive information and manage databases of Brownfields, Special Needs Housing and House Number Applications.
- Assign addresses for new buildings, alterations and verifications.
- Collect information about development in The Bronx and compose Annual Development Report of The Bronx using statistical information extracted from House Number Application Database.
- Prepare requests for Opinions of Dedication to the Corporation Counsel of the City of New York.
- Develop presentations and maps identifying Bronx development patterns for community meetings and elected representatives.
- Represent the Borough President at interagency mapping conferences, public hearings and special events.
- Serve as liaison to community groups, professional organizations and other City and State agencies.
- Conduct field surveys and research as needed.
Functions pertaining to Planning & Development
- Review ULURP applications.
- Conduct research projects and write reports that further the mission of the agency.
- Provide suggestions and assistance for transportation, environmental and housing issues in The Bronx.
- Collect, analyze and track new development in The Bronx.
- Co-operate with BOEDC to interact with developers to promote new development.
- Coordinate meetings with developers of projects with potential adverse impacts.
- Provide support and insight regarding planning and development to other Bronx Borough President departments as needed.
- A Bachelor of Science and four years’ experience in engineering, architecture, or related field or a Master’s of Science and two years’ experience.
- Experience with government, civic or community-based organizations.
- Knowledge of New York City government and public review process.
- Advanced experience with Excel and statistical software.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite desired.
- Experience in AutoCAD and ArcGIS desired.
- Familiarity with Bronx planning and development desired, but not required.
- Capacity to multitask and work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish desired but not required.
This position doesn’t require a Professional Engineer (P.E.) license, but candidates with a P.E. would be given consideration and the responsibilities enhanced.
The Bronx Borough President’s Office is an equal employment opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please transmit your resume to the attention of Marilyn Olivero at email@example.com.