Senior Urban Strategist
Posted: November 3, 2018 | Closing: December 31, 2018
Be involved in projects with our Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Urban Strategist for our New York City office. Our ideal candidate will be able to work in a team environment to implement infrastructure planning and urban design projects in New York City and the northeast region. We are seeking a creative and dynamic team player to work within multi-disciplinary teams, integrating technical disciplines to solve the complex infrastructural challenges facing modern society.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team with planning, design and technical staff in support of a growing, integrated, urban design practice
- Function entrepreneurially within the team, the firm and with corporate leadership
- Develop CAD/Illustrator/GIS diagrams, plans, sections and 3D models for urban design studies and packages
- Writing for, and assembly of reports and other documents
- Provide hand sketch and computer aided designs for projects
- Provide meeting and table facilitation as part of community workshops
- Be available and able to travel nationally (usually 2 to 3 day segments)
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Graduate degree in urban design, urban planning, landscape architecture, architecture, and/or city planning (with design focus).
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience in urban design, urban planning, architecture and/or landscape architecture.
- Possess a design acumen, strong communication skills, graphic capabilities, a keen understanding of the issues that affect the City, knowledge of sustainable infrastructure strategies.
- Positive attitude – a team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to clearly describe planning concepts with words and images
- Ability to work in a corporate environment and communicate with a wide range of professionals
- Understanding of transit oriented development, placemaking, complete streets and design of resilient places
- High quality hand sketching and computer graphic abilities
- Knowledge of zoning and form-based codes
- A proven ability to manage projects for public and private sector clients.
- Understanding of project budgets, administration, contracts and project management responsibilities.
- Urban Design background.
- LEED Accredited Professional/AICP/RA/ALSA.
- Proficiency in use of Adobe Creative Suite, (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design), GIS, 2D-CAD, 3D rendering capabilities.
About WSP USA
WSP USA (formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff) is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
How to Apply
Visit our website at http://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=39279