Senior Transportation Planner
Organization: Sam Schwartz
Posted: | Closing: March 2, 2018
Sam Schwartz presents you with a rare opportunity to come work for a growing firm where traffic engineering and transportation planning is our core business. We are a small firm that solves big problems, and we meet our clients’ needs through an interdisciplinary approach to planning and engineering. We are a company with a dynamic culture ingrained with Ingenuity, Accessibility, and Integrity, and we pride ourselves with making the journey better for our clients and our communities. As a specialized transportation planning, engineering, and environmental firm, we are actively solving problems across the country for a mix of private- and public-sector clients.
Sam Schwartz is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner in the New York Metro area. The position’s responsibilities will include leading interdisciplinary teams (planners, urban designers, engineers) on a variety of transportation projects; managing project scopes, budgets, and schedules; leading QA/QC processes; regularly interfacing with clients; and participating in business development. Project types will include
- Strategic transportation plans
- Corridor/area transportation studies
- Bike share and network plans
- Parking management plans
- Master plans
- Street concept designs
- Graphics communications
Qualities include a solutions-focus, with the ability to contribute to and lead conceptual design, problem solving, and report writing; the ability to communicate persuasively and contribute to positive team dynamics; and the ability to understand larger project needs while successfully managing day to day project demands under tight deadlines.
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities:
- 5+ years of experience in transportation planning.
- Master’s degree in urban planning or a related field.
- AICP preferred.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Experience managing transportation projects of varying size.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator required.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS required.