Senior Transportation Planner/Engineer
Organization: BFJ Planning
Posted: February 29, 2020 | Closing: March 31, 2020
Senior Transportation Planner/Engineer – Full Time
BFJ Planning is currently seeking a talented and experienced Transportation Planner/Engineer to join our New York City team. To help lead to undertake the transportation analyses for traffic impact studies, comprehensive plans, circulation and parking studies, and other strategic planning assignments related to transit, bicycle and pedestrian modes. This individual must be deeply familiar with traffic analysis and highway capacity, trends and understand various transportation infrastructure and the implications of evidence based research.
The BFJ Planning New York Office provides clients master plans through environmental reviews and resiliency planning, BFJ is committed to participatory planning. This position will be a key individual in the office, working with the current leadership and team to help continue to grow our presence and capabilities in New York and the region.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical analysis for a wide range of transportation infrastructure and land development projects.
- Perform traffic capacity analyses using Synchro/SimTraffic and other traffic analysis software.
- Assist in the preparation of written memos and reports with supporting tables and figures.
- Coordinate and manage fieldwork efforts, including traffic counts, parking utilization studies, intercept surveys, and observation studies.
- Lead meetings, presentations, and provide public testimony.
- Provide technical support for other projects as needed.
- Perform a range of marketing and business development activities, including identifying and leading pursuits, developing technical proposals, and interfacing through professional organizations.
- A strong background in traffic planning or engineering, and client/project management.
- Possession or ability to obtain at least one professional license and certification, not limited to:
- Professional Engineering license
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
- Professional Planner (PP) in State of New Jersey
- Knowledge of traffic engineering tools, including Highway Capacity Manual/Highway Capacity Software, and Synchro/SimTraffic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and people skills that constitute a team player.
- Demonstrated passion for winning and the ability to instill passion in others.
- Working knowledge of appropriate Federal Highway Administration, AASHTO, state DOT, and other relevant guidelines, including the MUTCD, HCM and the AASHTO Green Book.
- Working knowledge of ITE Trip Generation methodologies and procedures.
- Project Management experience and knowledge of and relationships with professional associations.
About BFJ Planning:
BFJ Planning is a consulting firm providing professional expertise in planning, urban design, environmental analysis, real estate and transportation since its establishment in 1980.
BFJ has successfully completed more than 1,000 projects in the U.S., East Asia, Europe, and South America. Our range of services allows us to bring a project from the initial feasibility stage, through planning and approvals, to site design and implementation. Principals and staff provide expertise in a range of areas, bringing together informed, innovative thinking from different professional points of view necessary to the success of complex planning and development projects.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com and include cover letter and resume.