Senior Transportation Planner
Posted: November 3, 2018 | Closing: December 31, 2018
Be involved in projects with our Northeast Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP USA is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Transportation Planner for our New York City office. Under supervision performs transportation and transit planning, programming, and /or research and analysis activities in support of projects. Work requires contact with governmental agencies, contractors, the public, and other WSP personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, analyze and interpret analytic and written data.
- Compose correspondence and reports regarding project activities.
- Assist in technical writing and report preparation.
- Assist in researching, analyzing, and determining the potential impact of proposed legislation or policy issues.
- Research economic, demographic, fiscal, legal, and technical variables for project impact.
- Work with team members and communicates effectively through writing and speaking.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelors and Master’s degree in science, planning, environmental or engineering-related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in planning, transportation or land use (or equivalent working knowledge/experience) with New York City metro area agency experience.
- Strong management, analytical, written and oral communication and collaborative skills and mindset.
- Professional registration (e.g., AICP, PP).
- Familiarity with graphical design packages.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
How to Apply
Apply online at http://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=39282