Senior Transportation Planner
Organization: Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments
Posted: December 2, 2019 | Closing: February 27, 2019
The Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments (METROCOG), a multi-discipline regional planning organization with six member communities – Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull – is seeking a well-qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Transportation Planner. Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Planning Director, the position of Senior Transportation Planner performs professional and technical work involving the administration, advanced research and analysis, and presentation of information and recommendations on long-range transportation planning, environmental planning, economic development, land-use planning, regional planning, urban design, conservation, and hazard mitigation.
Essential Duties (including but not limited to):
- Support the development and maintenance of the Metropolitan Transportation Plan and Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP);
- Prepare grants and manage brownfield assessment and remediation, transportation/corridor plans, transit oriented development, etc.;
- Facilitate public outreach/participation/education for various initiatives;
- Present projects and plans to elected officials and local legislative bodies;
- Assist with the development of short- and long-range work plans, procedures, budgets and schedules;
- Develop written and data reports to support the transportation planning process;
- Use GIS to develop maps and spatially illustrate trends, patterns and operating conditions;
- Conduct land parcel analyses, network analyses, freight analyses, business inventories and transportation impact assessments.
- Assist in the development, management and administration of federal and state grant application.
- Attend meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions determined by supervisor.
The position requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in city/regional planning, transportation management, public administration or a closely related field. Master’s degree preferred OR an appropriate combination of education and experience. Proficiency in using the Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must. Experience in administering EPA Brownfield assessment and remediation grants is preferred. Ability to use ArcGIS, traffic assessment and modeling software, including Highway Capacity Software/TransCAD as well as experience in Geographic Information Systems is preferred. This is a full-time position, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please mail or email letter of interest, resume, salary requirements and pertinent work experience to:
Matthew Fulda, Executive Director
Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments
1000 Lafayette Boulevard, Suite 925
Bridgeport, CT 06604