Senior Planner – Transportation
Organization: Middlesex County Office of Planning
Posted: April 5, 2021 | Closing: May 31, 2021
Conducts technical planning work of moderate complexity as a part of Middlesex County’s transportation planning program; does other related duties.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Applies planning theory and techniques to analyze transportation operations and facilities.
- Analyzes data relating to the movement of people and goods, and develops findings based on these analyses involving the application of general planning principles.
- Prepares plans for the development and maintenance of an efficient, integrated, and balanced comprehensive master plan for private and public transportation including a variety of modes of transportation such as rail, rapid transit, bus, automobile, walking and biking.
- Correlates local transportation plans and programs with plans and programs of other public transportation agencies.
- Prepares and presents technical briefings, reports, studies and surveys.
- Provides guidance and instruction to technical and drafting staff.
- Prepares correspondence and reports.
- May prepare or assist in the preparation of technical reports to assess the social, economic and land use consequences of transportation projects; recommends mitigation measures when required.
- Maintains files of planning records, reports, plans, maps, and related materials.
- Keeps current with trends and developments in transportation planning.
How to Apply
Visit https://careers-middlesexcountynj.icims.com/jobs/1275/job for more information and to apply