Organization: City of Jersey City | Division of City Planning
Posted: February 19, 2019 | Closing: March 30, 2019
The City of Jersey City, Division of City Planning is seeking a Senior Planner to join a team of technical planning, design, and GIS professionals responsible for comprehensively planning the rational development of a rapidly-growing, highly-urbanized environment. The ideal candidate will focus on application and development review and must demonstrate knowledge and skill in comprehensive land use planning, resource protection, and redevelopment. The ideal applicant would be an innovative team player and possess strong graphic, writing, and communication skills and be comfortable working with community groups.
- Review land redevelopment proposals and determine, compliance with state, county, and/or municipal regulations;
- Prepare application review reports to the Planning Board;
- Attend Planning Board meetings regularly as the board planner and provide guidance on land development regulations to commissioners;
- Prepare various types of reports including graphic, statistical and written representations
- Conduct meetings to discuss new and existing development applications with developers and applicants;
- Provide information and explanation to residents regarding land use regulations and development applications;
- Coordinate and review redevelopment activities with other City departments, outside agencies, and developers.
Degree in Urban Planning, 3+ years of experience, AICP, PP (or ability to obtain)
Full Civil Service Title description
Application form here…
How to Apply
Fill out the employment application