Senior Planner (Hudson Valley Office)
Organization: Nelson Pope Voorhis
Posted: January 1, 2019 | Closing: January 31, 2019
NP&V, an environmental and planning consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Senior Planner for our growing Hudson Valley Office, located in the Airmont Professional Center on Route 59 in Suffern, NY. We represent numerous municipal and private clients in the counties of Rockland, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan, and Dutchess. Our Hudson Valley office also supports the professional team in our Melville, Long Island office. Minimum requirements include a master’s degree in planning or related field and at least six years of professional planning experience or a bachelor’s degree in planning and at least eight years of professional planning experience. AICP Certification is preferred. We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic individual with excellent communication skills. Salary commensurate with experience.
Senior Planner Roles/Project Responsibilities
- Manage planning and zoning studies and projects including oversight of junior level planners and support staff, project scheduling, preparation of document and graphics.
- Review of development applications (site plans, subdivisions, including evaluation of special exception/permit criteria where applicable), SEQRA review, preparing staff reports, and attendance at evening meetings/hearings as staff planner for municipal clients.
- SEQRA document preparation including EISs.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the principles, practices & techniques of environmental and land use planning, and preferably a working knowledge of New York State land use and environmental regulations. Candidate may have proficiency in related field including urban design, ecology, hydrology, geology, geography or similar field.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with elected/appointed officials or other decision-makers.
- Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines and budgets.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Familiarity with ESRI GIS a plus.
How to Apply
Please send an email to the management team at HR@nelsonpopevoorhis.com. In your response, please include your resume, letter of interest including salary history/requirements and at least one technical writing sample.