Organization: Nelson Pope Voorhis
Posted: August 21, 2019 | Closing: September 30, 2019
NPV is seeking a self-motivated and energetic Senior Planner for our growing Hudson Valley Office, located in Suffern, NY. We represent numerous municipal and private clients in Rockland, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan, Dutchess and Westchester counties. Our Hudson Valley office also supports the professional team in our Melville, Long Island office.
- Manage planning and zoning studies and projects and oversee junior level planners and support staff, project scheduling; prepare document and graphics.
- Review development applications (site and subdivision plans, special use permits), SEQRA compliance, report preparation, and attend evening board meetings as staff planner for municipal clients within our region.
- SEQRA document preparation, including EISs, for public and private clients.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the principles, practices & techniques of environmental and land use planning, and a working knowledge of New York State land use and environmental regulations. Candidate may have proficiency in related field including urban design, ecology, hydrology, geology, geography or similar field.
- Minimum requirements include either (1) a master’s degree in planning or related field and at least 6 years of professional planning experience or (2) a bachelor’s degree in planning and at least 8 years of professional planning experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe Acrobat is required. Familiarity with ESRI GIS a plus.
- AICP Certification is preferred.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines and budgets.
Salary and Benefits
NPV offers a competitive salary commensurate with level of education and professional experience as well as medical and other benefits.
Nelson, Pope & Voorhis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest including salary history/requirements, at least one technical writing sample. Please transmit your qualifications package to email@example.com.