Organization: Nelson Pope Voorhis
Posted: April 11, 2019 | Closing: June 30, 2019
NPV is a well established environmental planning firm with offices on Long Island and in the Hudson Valley. NPV is seeking an individual to fill a position as a Senior Planner to be based in our growing Hudson Valley office, located in Suffern, NY.
NPV represent numerous municipal and private clients in the counties of Rockland, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan, and Dutchess. Minimum requirements include a master’s degree in planning or related field and at least six years of professional planning experience or a bachelor’s degree in planning and at least eight years of professional planning experience.
AICP Certification is preferred. Certified licensed Professional Planners in the State of New Jersey are encouraged to apply. We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic individual with excellent communication skills. Salary commensurate with experience.
Senior Planner Roles/Project Responsibilities
- Oversee planning and environmental review of development applications on behalf of municipalities. This would include review of site plans, subdivisions, evaluation of special exception/permit criteria where applicable, SEQRA review as well as related services including preparation of staff reports and attendance at evening meetings/hearings as staff planner for municipal clients.
- Manage planning and zoning studies and projects including oversight of junior level planners and support staff, project scheduling, preparation of document and graphics.
- SEQRA document preparation including EISs.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the principles, practices & techniques of environmental and land use planning, and preferably a working knowledge of New York State land use and environmental regulations. Candidate may have proficiency in related field including urban design, ecology, hydrology, geology, geography or similar field.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with elected/appointed officials or other decision-makers
- Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines and budgets
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Familiarity with ESRI GIS a plus.
How to Apply
Please send an email to the management team at HR@nelsonpopevoorhis.com. In your response, please include your resume, letter of interest including salary history/requirements, and at least one technical writing sample.