Senior Noise Specialist
Posted: March 10, 2021 | Closing: July 31, 2021
Senior Noise Specialist
- Category: Environmental/Energy/Natural Resources
- Type: Regular Full-Time
VHB’s growing New York City office is seeking a Senior Noise Specialist to join our Environmental team.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
Senior Noise Specialist | NYC, NY
Our team provides noise, vibration, air quality, and other environmental services for a wide range of projects across these markets throughout the planning, engineering and construction phases. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills to analyze noise and air quality associated with these projects, collect data in the field, model noise and air quality conditions, prepare reports and support public outreach efforts to communicate study findings. An engineering degree is preferred and a strong interest in learning and practicing noise consulting is required.
- Analyze noise and vibration using models such as Cadna-A, FHWA Traffic Noise Model, FHWA Roadway Construction Noise Model, FTA/FRA Noise and Vibration Guidance modeling and FAA Aviation Environmental Design Tool
- Conduct noise and vibration measurements in the field
- Utilize a wide range of technical tools such as GIS, CAD, Matlab and spreadsheets
- Prepare noise impact assessments in support of a wide range of clients including highway departments of transportation, rail transit agencies, airports, state environmental agencies and private development companies
- Prepare technical reports on study findings
- Present at public meetings
- Support business development and marketing activities
Skills & Abilities
- Technical capabilities in math, science and engineering
- Technical skills in computer modeling
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- BS in Environment/Civil Engineering, Acoustics, Math, Physics, Environmental Science, or related field (engineering preferred)
- 10+ years of professional noise consulting experience with SEQRA, CEQR and NEPA
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
How to Apply