Senior Environmental Planner
Organization: WSP USA
Posted: August 25, 2023 | Closing: November 12, 2023
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Environmental Planner for our New York, New York office. Be involved in projects with our Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Support a wide range of environmental compliance and planning projects, with an emphasis on urban transportation infrastructure in the New York City metropolitan area.
- Review, interpret and summarize technical environmental resource, engineering, traffic and planning documents, including Categorical Exclusions, EA’s and EISs.
- Perform professional environmental planning work and conduct studies to assess potential impacts to the environment
- Prepare drafts of technical memos, meeting minutes, transmittals, presentations, and other written materials summarizing research with findings and conclusions.
- Participate in public involvement and consensus-building meetings in support of client project work.
- Prepare data and visualizations such as tables, charts, and figures for the interpretation or presentation of data, findings, or analyses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and clients in a confident and professional manner.
- Conduct research as appropriate and assist with proposal development.
- Remain current in latest environmental planning subject matter, practices, regulations, and techniques.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, urban studies or transportation planning or a related field.
- 5 to 7 years of post-education experience in environmental planning
- Familiarity with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Experience preparing planning documents under direct supervision
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Esri ArcGIS
- Strong technical writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Independent leader, outcome oriented, with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience preparing NEPA, SEQRA, and/or CEQR environmental impact assessments
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Experience in New York City
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $90,000 – $115,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
How to Apply
Please use the link below to apply: