Senior Environmental Planner
Posted: June 30, 2020 | Closing: August 28, 2020
Be involved in projects with our Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Senior Environmental Planner for our New York City / One Penn Plaza office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage environmental assessment tasks
• Mapping and graphic production
• Zoning and regulatory analysis
• Writing draft technical reports and chapters for reports
• Preparation of community meeting presentation materials
• Attend and participate in public outreach meetings
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
• 5 to 8 years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, urban studies or transportation planning
• Experience preparing NEPA, SEQRA, and/or CEQR environmental impact assessments
• Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Esri ArcGIS
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
• Master’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, urban studies or transportation planning
• Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
• Experience with NEPA/SEQRA/CEQR
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This position is contingent upon WSP being selected for a contract or program we are currently pursing.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
How to Apply
Please create an account and apply at https://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=45611