Organization: Hudson County Division of Planning
Posted: February 1, 2021 | Closing: February 12, 2021
The Hudson County Division of Planning is accepting applications for a Seasonal Intern.
The Hudson County Division of Planning is seeking a qualified part-time Seasonal Intern for 15-30 hours a week. The Seasonal Intern will support planning staff in areas of economic development, open space planning, and/or transportation planning. Additional responsibilities will be determined by interest and division needs. This position will report to the Division Chief.
- Support staff with research, data analysis, and preparing planning reports.
- Assist with writing technical reports, memos, letters and other correspondence.
- Prepare documents pertaining to the County Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) and the County Open Space program.
- Perform site visits of County and municipal recreation facilities.
- Additional duties as required.
- Pursing a degree in urban planning, city and regional planning, or similar.
- General interest and basic knowledge of urban design and planning, urban history and theory, planning and environmental law, and private and public development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign is preferred, but not required.
- Basic skills in social media, photography, and community outreach.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff members and supervisors.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume with references, and writing sample to Sam Schroeder, Principal Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com.