Real Estate Development Project Manager
Organization: Spaceworks NYC
Posted: January 17, 2019 | Closing: February 15, 2019
Spaceworks is a nonprofit organization that builds and operates subsidized creative workspace for New York City artists and cultural workers. We currently operate five spaces in Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx.
Spaceworks is currently seeking a Real Estate Development Project Manager who will work on a variety of space development projects critical to Spaceworks’ growth from inception to construction completion. The projects may range from public-private partnerships, Spaceworks-developed spaces, and other one-time special projects. The position is full time (40 hours per week).
Areas of Responsibility
*Manage multiple complex development projects, including:
- Timeline and budget management
- Financial analysis
- Analysis of design and construction documents
- RFP preparation and process management
- Negotiate leases, contracts, and other agreements with landlords, financing institutions and consultants
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal and external parties to advance project and organizational goals
- Prepare and present recommendations to senior staff on key project issues
- Draft presentations and memos to elected officials, community stakeholders and Spaceworks Board of Directors
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to negotiate with counter-parties and realize internal goals and priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Possess a strong sense of professional judgement and ability to solve problems creatively
- Possess an understanding of economic development issues
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with limited oversight
- Architecture, participatory design, or construction management experience a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in relevant field such as in real estate, architecture, business, public policy, urban planning, or similar.
- A demonstrated interest and ability to work within Spaceworks mission to provide subsidized workspace for people to gather and engage in their creative and cultural practices. Spaceworks develops and manages creative spaces that are responsive to the needs of local communities. A strong understanding of this unique role in the NYC cultural ecology is a must.
- Experience working with diverse populations including race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity.
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus.
We value the contributions of people of color, disabled people, queer and trans* people and welcome these candidates to apply.
A salary ranging $55,000-$65,000, depending on experience, will be offered along with full medical and dental insurance, optional 401k plan and transit benefits.
Spaceworks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spaceworks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to Apply
Please send an email with “Real Estate Development Project Manager” as the subject line with an attached PDF including a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample no later than EOD February 15, 2019.Due to the number of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.