Project Planner (Environmental Planning)
Organization: Cameron Engineering, an IMEG Company
Posted: September 6, 2023 | Closing: September 1, 2024
Are you Ready to Engineer Your Career? At IMEG Corp., one of the largest design consulting firms in the U.S., we strive to provide exciting and rewarding career opportunities to our team members. We work hard and are passionate about what we do but also love to have fun along the way. We celebrate the ability to be a firm of nearly 2000+ employees in the US and beyond who still provides a local office approach and feel to each of our employee-owners. From opportunities to get involved and give back locally through our Community Involvement Committees to the ability to partner with exciting clients, we take our jobs seriously but have a great time in the process. As a company, we believe in investing in our team members and providing an environment for expansive growth. We put people first. We are proud to say we are a 100% employee-owned organization and take pride in our commitment to being a great place to work. We support this commitment through work-life balance, flexibility, continuous training and development opportunities, and community impact. We reward innovation, hard work, and support a culture of sustainability. IMEG Corp. is growing, and we’d love to have you join our team! We are currently seeking a Project Planner in our Long Island, NY office. As a Project Planner you will work on a wide range of projects, for both public and private sector clients. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work on concurrent projects across a diverse mix of clients and project types.
Some key duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare data-driven written planning reports;
- Develop maps, exhibits and interactive tools;
- Contribute to analytical and creative planning projects;
- Utilize professional experience and education to present practicable project solutions and alternatives;
- Attend and participate in public workshops;
- Present information to clients, colleagues and members of the public.
Key skills and abilities needed for the position are:
- Knowledge of and interest in state and local land use, zoning, and environmental regulations and comprehensive planning;
- Knowledge of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), State Environmental Quality Review (SEQR), comprehensive planning, downtown revitalization and transit-oriented development, data mapping, neighborhood planning, land use and zoning;
- Strong technical writing capabilities;
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite. Additional software or programming knowledge is encouraged;
- Ability to clearly communicate clearly in both oral and written communication to individuals or groups;
- Ability to perform final quality control check in their area of expertise.
Education and experience requirements are:
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Environmental Science or related;
- AICP certification preferred;
- Minimum of 4 years of qualifying experience.
Salary Range: $75,000- $90,000. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay will be based on several factors including experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant. Other rewards may include annual bonuses and stock ownership options. In addition, IMEG Corp. provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO). This information is being provided in compliance with local laws. IMEG Corp., an employee-owned corporation, is committed to investing in employees’ futures through professional development programs and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally, employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance on their first day of employment.
IMEG is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All applicants have the right to request access, correction, and deletion of their personal information from our system. In order to make a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.imegcorp.com/careers
Any questions? Please feel free to email email@example.com
< View All Job Listings