Organization: Davidson Community Center, Inc.
Posted: February 12, 2020 | Closing: March 31, 2020
Davidson Community Center, Inc. Neighborhood 360° Program Manger Job Description
The Program Manager is a temporary grant-funded position that is funded by the NYC Department of Small Business Services through June 30, 2020 with potential for extension. Reporting to the Executive Director of Davidson Community Center, the Program Manager will serve primarily as an on-the-ground resource, building relationships with business owners and local stakeholders, assessing merchant needs, and overseeing commercial revitalization initiatives for the BJT Bronx Commercial District and the BJT Bronx Merchant Association, Inc.
The Program Manager will work closely with the funder, partner organizations and local stakeholders to ensure that the initiatives are being implemented as planned and within the projected timeline. The Program Manager will be responsible for administrative management of the Neighborhood 360° Program, serving as primary liaison with the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS), updating SBS on the progress of the grant and participating on regular check-in calls.
The Program Manager is responsible for:
MERCHANT ORGANIZING & DISTRICT MARKETING
• Ongoing development and support of the BJT Bronx Merchants Association, including recruiting new merchants into the Merchants Association.
• Ensure ongoing feedback and lines of communication between the Merchants Association, community residents, and other stakeholders.
• Planning and implementing community events that promote the commercial district and merchants including the BJT Bronx Summer Block Festival.
• Writing and managing all communication, including program newsletters, website and social media outreach effort.
• Ensure sub-contracts are executed in a timely manner.
• Advise program partners on grant funds management and budget planning, including terms
of grant awards and requirements.
• Prepare and coordinate the submission of monthly financial reports to SBS, Davidson Community Center Executive Director, and Program Consultant.
• Prepare and coordinate the submission of deliverables.
The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator, have the ability to manage multiple projects with aggressive timelines, be detail-oriented, innovative thinker, and a creative problem-solver.
• BA/BS Degree or High School Diploma or equivalent experience with 3 years of experience in economic development, small business assistance, or commercial revitalization
• Comfortable working independently, in the field, and as part of a team. Fast-paced, deadline driven environment. At least 25% of the Manager’s time will be in the field.
• Committed to engaging diverse constituents in underserved communities and supporting small businesses
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Self-starter, with ability to manage projects and tasks without constant supervision
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Knowledge of Squarespace.
More information about the Neighborhood 360° program can be found here:
- https://www1.nyc.gov/site/sbs/neighborhoods/neighborhood-360.pageMore information about the neighborhood, business community, and local needs can be found here:
More information about the BJT Bronx Commercial District can be found here:
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• The salary for this position is commensurate with experience, with a salary range between $45,000 and $50,000 annually.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year Start Date: Immediately
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Angel7111954@gmail.com
N360 Program Manager in the subject