Planning Analyst – White Plains, NY
Posted: January 1, 2019 | Closing: March 1, 2018
At Kimley-Horn, one of the nation’s premier planning and design consultants, our professionals are experts in many disciplines yet share one passion: making our clients successful. Looking for a terrific place to build your career?
Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. prides itself on hiring high-achieving, dedicated, and reliable professionals. We are looking for Planning Analyst to join our White Plains, NY team.
Project experiences will be diverse, as we provide services to both the public and private sectors. Projects include comprehensive plans and area plans for municipalities, environmental reviews and impact statements for a variety of multifamily, mixed-use, retail, and institutional uses throughout the NY/CT/NJ market working for a wide variety of great clients.
- Have or in the process of receiving a BS or MS in Planning from an accredited program by summer of 2019
- 0-4 years of applicable work experience
- Strong Microsoft (Word and Excel) and GIS/Arcview skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude, team oriented, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Self-motivated; sense of urgency to produce high quality work
**Writing samples will be required if considered for an interview**
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of graphic software programs (Adobe Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, Illustrator, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with a planning firm
- Experience with NYSEQR and NEPA documentation
- Involvement in professional organizations
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
How to Apply