Organization: The Chazen Companies
Posted: February 1, 2021 | Closing: March 31, 2021
Chazen is searching for a highly capable individual to work in the Planning Group on Planning and Land Development projects as a Planner/Sr. Planner. Planners at the Chazen Companies have diverse assignments and responsibilities supporting our community and environmental planning practice areas as well as provide technical support to our municipal and land development service lines. We are looking for a planner who can communicate (written and verbally), has a strong technical aptitude, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment. This position will likely be based out of our Poughkeepsie, NY office with occasional travel
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assignments may include land use, zoning and SEQR review consulting duties for municipalities
- Leading or supporting the permitting of projects working closely with our Land Development, Municipal Engineering, Ecological and Environmental Services groups. This employee will be expected to perform independently, with limited supervision.
- Preparation and review of land use applications (zoning analysis, special permit applications, variances, site plan applications), conducting environmental review (SEQR/NEPA), including preparation of Environmental Impact Statements.
- Knowledge of local, State and Federal regulatory permitting process and environmental impact/technical analysis methods is required.
- Master’s Degree in Planning or related field is required. AICP Preferred. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree and exceptional work experience will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in a professional consulting environment, or related environment
- Key skills include demonstrated excellence in technical writing, solid verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency includes Microsoft Office suite, experience with Adobe Creative Suite, basic GIS and illustrative graphics as well as social media and website related platforms is preferred
- Ability to to interact effectively with clients, project teams, and colleagues.
The Chazen Companies is an employee-owned, multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing civil engineering, land surveying, planning, environmental and safety consulting, code services, landscape architecture, construction services, transportation planning and traffic engineering to clients in the private and public sectors. Chazen’s employees proudly collaborate with municipalities, state agencies, developers, landowners, utility companies, and industrial, healthcare, education, and nonprofit clients from project concept to completion, taking a customized approach to every project. Chazen delivers world-class performance focused on creating effective, long-term partnerships with its clients.
Chazen is regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work and consistently wins workplace excellence awards. Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program are offered, including tuition reimbursement, professional development, membership in professional associations and much more. Our offices provide employees with a relaxed, friendly and professional working atmosphere. Most importantly, our diverse and talented staff understand the need to be highly responsive and take pride in exceeding our client’s expectations.
The Chazen Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Chazen participates in the E-Verify Program to verify all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to HR@chazencompanies.com. Thank you for your interest.
How to Apply
Please apply by email HR@chazencompanies.com