Organization: Sam Schwartz, a TYLin Company
Posted: August 3, 2023 | Closing: August 19, 2023
Sam Schwartz, a TYLin Company, is a leading transportation engineering, planning, and environmental firm known nationally for our ability to solve complex transportation problems with creative, multi-modal solutions. Our work includes diverse, high-profile projects for both private and public sector clients. We are located in Los Angeles/Oakland, CA, Washington, DC, Chicago, IL, Jersey City, NJ, New York, NY, Seattle, WA and Tampa, FL.
Sam Schwartz is seeking a planner based in our New York City office as part of a team that provides integrated approaches to support land use and infrastructure decisions, addressing environmental, social, and economic effects. We specialize in evaluating the impacts of land use and infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies. We are enthusiastic about our role in the environmental review process that allows informed public participation and enables decisionmakers to make a reasoned choice.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
We’ll count on you to:
- Prepare planning analyses, including those associated with environmental review (e.g., NEPA, SEQRA, CEQR), climate action, equity, and Environmental Justice
- Collect and organize raw data, which may include research, interviews with government agencies, map reviews, field investigations
- Prepare graphics and reports
- Support air quality and noise modeling
- Support natural resources field work and assessment
- Support public involvement activities
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Master’s degree in planning or related field
- 1+ years of experience in environmental planning or related field
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal and New York environmental policy, including environmental review, climate action, and Environmental Justice
- Technical proficiency: MS Office, ArcGIS, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite. AutoCAD is a plus.
Preferential consideration will be offered to minimally qualified applicants who apply online and include a resume and writing sample. You may attach each document individually or as a single submission.
Sam Schwartz, a TYLin Company is committed to Pay equity. As part of that commitment, we have provided the base compensation range for this position $70,000 – $110,000 annually.
Sam Schwartz Consulting, LLC offers a comprehensive total rewards package. Our benefits include extensive medical, disability and life insurance coverage, continuing education benefits, paid time off, employee assistance program and a retirement savings plan with company matching contributions.
We encourage all candidates to explore our total rewards offering.
Sam Schwartz Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The company and its employees are required to comply with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements.
How to Apply