Organization: AKRF, Inc.
Posted: June 10, 2021 | Closing: October 8, 2021
The award-winning municipal and land planning practice at AKRF is based in White Plains, NY, and serves public, private, institutional, and nonprofit clients throughout the Hudson Valley. We have a multidisciplinary team fully versed in local, state, and federal permitting and regulatory requirements with particular expertise in land use, zoning, environmental planning, and economic development. AKRF staff in White Plains have held leadership positions with the New York Planning Federation, Urban Land Institute, American Planning Association, and other organizations — bringing familiarity with the latest market trends and professional best practices to all of our local work.
Our White Plains office is a great place to grow your career. You’ll find us to be smart, kind, fun, and passionate professionals who enjoy a great work-life balance. Our integrated team of planners, engineers, and scientists work collaboratively to find solutions for our clients and to promote strategies that create more livable, equitable, and resilient communities.
Ideal candidates will have graduated with a bachelor’s or master’s degree (preferred) in urban planning or a related field, and have three to five years of professional municipal, land development, or consulting firm experience. We are seeking a solution-focused planner who can handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively. Excellent research, written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills; superior attention to detail; and ability to organize and work efficiently and collaboratively in a team environment is required. AKRF prefers strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of GIS.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and review of planning analyses and technical reports for environmental review documents in accordance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and New York City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR)
- Conduct comparative studies of land use, population characteristics, and economic activity
- Conduct site plan review and zoning compliance analyses and prepare client-ready technical memoranda
- Attend evening municipal board meetings
- Participate in community outreach and public engagement meetings
- Offer knowledge of online engagement tools and the ability to prepare presentations
AKRF, Inc. enforces a policy of equal employment opportunity in our daily operations. The firm has a demonstrated history of hiring, training, developing, promoting and retaining minority group members and women. All employment-related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply