Organization: Hunt Engineers Architects and Surveyors
Posted: July 29, 2018 | Closing: August 31, 2018
Hunt is searching for a multi-faceted Planner with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience, to join our Rochester Engineering Team. This new team member will independently assist with projects in our growing community and regional planning sector. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working autonomously and have a working knowledge of community planning principles and zoning principles and practices; ability to work in both team and independent situations; and excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills. Understanding laws and regulations of New York State (knowledge of Pennsylvania regulations is a plus) as they pertain to the development of plans, studies, and reports; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
Our team offers high caliber work while balancing employee work-life relationship over the long term. Opportunities for growth opportunities within our company are available based on performance, communication skills, and teamwork capabilities.
A qualified candidate: Examples of responsibilities are as follows:
- Providing production support to the team in the areas of GIS, Photoshop/InDesign, and Auto CAD.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive plans, zoning ordinances, form-based codes and implementation plans. Also, assist in the facilitation of public meetings.
- Review and prepare reports on various site plans, subdivision, and zoning applications to determine compliance with approved comprehensive plans.
- May assist municipalities/communities in responding to needs and goals, zoning, general plan, subdivision, floodplain, and future development applications, as well as SEQR.
- Collaborate with Hunts Business Service Department, Site/Civil Department, Rochester Branch Manager, and other site group staff members.
- Pursue funding and assist in the preparation of grant applications, marketing proposals, and articles for various planning publications.
Bachelor’s degree in planning, architecture, landscape architecture, engineering, environmental science, or related subjects and two years of professional planning experience required. Additional but not required skills include the ability to interpret legal records, technical documents, and map specifications, and experience with GIS.
At HUNT, we focus on building relationships with clients and communities to advance and protect the interests of their organizations over many years.
Salary commensurate with experience and talent. Benefits package includes holidays, vacation, health insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401(K) plan and continuing education support. HUNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply