Natural Resource Specialist/Lead Environmental Planner
Posted: November 3, 2018 | Closing: December 31, 2018
Be involved in projects with our Northeast Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a highly motivated Natural Resource Specialist/Lead Environmental Planner for our New York City environmental and planning practice. This mid-level environmental scientist/planner will assess project-related impacts to natural resources including wetlands, water resources, coastal resources, and threatened and endangered species. The ability to contribute to a wide variety of environmental and planning assignments, including environmental impact statements, transportation and infrastructure projects, land use plans, transit-oriented development (TOD) plans, neighborhood redevelopment plans, and community resiliency plans for public and private clients is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project research and data gathering, mapping, site reconnaissance, site analysis, and writing draft technical reports and chapters for reports.
- Perform small scale natural resource site reconnaissance for wetlands and habitat evaluation and oversee larger scale wetlands delineations and habitat assessments by others.
- The ability to handle a wide variety of projects and multiple assignments with a creative attention to detail is a must.
- Candidate is expected to have a sound understanding of federal and New York State environmental regulatory requirements and experience working with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, and/or New York City Department of Environmental Protection to obtain water resource, coastal zone, wetlands, and other permits.
- Sound understanding of NEPA/SEQRA/CEQR environmental review processes is desired.
- Travel for project meetings within the northeastern United States or other areas is possibly required to successfully perform project duties.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in ecology, biology, hydrogeology, or environmental science
- 7-15 years relevant experience, including 5 years’ New York City experience
- Certification in wetlands delineation
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and ESRI ArcGIS
- Master’s degree in a related field a plus
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
How to Apply
Apply online at http://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=39280