Manager, Project Development
Organization: NJ Transit
Posted: November 4, 2019 | Closing: November 8, 2019
Forbes List of America s Best Employers 2018
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you ll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time–and we re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
1. Manages all aspects of consultant efforts on transportation planning and project development studies.
2. Coordinates and supervises internal staff and external departments on transportation planning and project development studies.
3. Prepares the scope of work, task descriptions, budgets and schedules for major project development studies of strategic importance. Administers budget, schedule and preparation of required reports on assigned projects.
4. Communicates with external parties and impacted carriers, i.e., Amtrak, Conrail, Metro-North, bus operators to ensure project recommendations are based on input and consensus.
5. Manages the presentation of technical and policy results and recommendations of project development studies to internal and external organizations.
6. Serves on technical evaluation committees for consultant selection for planning and design projects and on internal steering committees and task forces.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation Planning, Urban Planning, Engineering, or related field, and six (6) years experience in initiating, developing, evaluating public transportation improvement projects, to include three (3) or more years of experience in managing staff and consultants in the design, development and implementation of technical or engineering improvement projects.
Knowledge of transportation planning principles and techniques, bus, rail and light rail facilities and operations, contracting practices, project and budget management, federal and state statutory and regulatory requirements and technical writing required. Master’s degree in any or one of the above mentioned areas may be substituted for two years of experience.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
• Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• Life Insurance
• Paid Leave
• 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans- up to 9% match
• Tuition Assistance
• Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff.
NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply