Organization: Public Works Partners
Posted: January 23, 2020 | Closing: February 28, 2020
Public Works Partners is looking for a strategic and analytical team member to join our practice and to play a significant role in high-profile engagements with clients, including public sector agencies and major nonprofit organizations. We’re looking for someone who brings a mix of sharp technical and keen interpersonal skills and who is excited to work in a mission-driven consulting practice. We are particularly interested in team members with experience working in New York City government. Managers on our team coordinate day-to-day interactions with our clients and are responsible for ensuring our client engagements result in strong deliverables that meet our clients’ needs. Applicants should have demonstrated project management skills and be comfortable working on projects with tight timeframes. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with sharp analytical skills who is adept at both directing his/her own work and working in teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to negotiate complex multi-stakeholder environments
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research, including interviewing stakeholders and/or facilitating group discussions with staff at all levels of an organization
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Proficiency in standard project management tools and approaches to monitor progress against timeline and budget constraints
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines while operating with speed and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in a related field such as urban planning, policy, or economics
- Three to five years of experience in the public and/or nonprofit sector, particularly in New York City and State
Preferred qualifications (candidates would ideally have at least one):
- Experience with business process documentation and the use of standard operations and business process tools
- Experience writing detailed business requirements that can be understood by both technical teams and non-technical business owners
- Ability to use GIS to conduct spatial analysis
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign to create and manipulate content
- Knowledge of public sector financial management
This position will be based at the Public Works Partners office in New York City. Travel in-town and to other parts of New York State may be required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate you are applying for the Manager position in the email subject line.