Organization: Public Works Partners
Posted: September 8, 2019 | Closing: October 4, 2019
Public Works Partners is a mission-driven planning and consulting firm in NYC serving public and nonprofit clients. We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work. People who succeed with our firm:
- Thrive when given the space to bring a nimble, creative approach to the thorniest problems;
- Enthusiastically tackle tasks big and small; and
- Inevitably wind up talking about public policy at parties.
Public Works Partners is looking for a strategic and analytical team member to join our practice and to play a significant role in high-profile engagements with clients, including public sector agencies and major nonprofit organizations. We’re looking for someone who brings a mix of sharp analytical and keen interpersonal skills, and who is excited to work in a mission-driven consulting practice. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with problem-solving and analytical skills who is comfortable working on projects with tight timeframes and is adept at both directing his/her own work and working in teams.
We are currently hiring for both the Manager and Analyst positions. Managers on our team coordinate day-to-day interactions with our clients and are responsible for ensuring our client engagements result in strong deliverables that meet our clients’ needs. Analysts support our projects, carrying out a wide variety of tasks including conducting research, analyzing data, and drafting reports. Everyone on our team works directly with our clients to improve the way New York City government and nonprofit agencies operate.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to negotiate complex multi-stakeholder environments
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research, including interviewing stakeholders and/or facilitating group discussions with staff at all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in standard project management tools and approaches to monitor progress against timeline and budget constraints
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines while operating with speed and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in a related field such as urban planning, policy, or economics
- Experience in the public and/or nonprofit sector, particularly in New York City and State. Managers typically bring three to five years experience, while analysts have one to three.
Preferred qualifications (candidates would ideally have at least one):
- Experience with business process documentation and the use of standard operations and business process tools
- Experience writing detailed business requirements that can be understood by both technical teams and non-technical business owners
- Ability to use GIS to conduct spatial analysis
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign to create and manipulate content
- Knowledge of public sector financial management
This position will be based at the Public Works Partners office in New York City. In-town travel and to other parts of New York State may be required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate you are applying for the Manager or Analyst position in the email subject line.