Organization: Office of the Bronx Borough President
Posted: March 11, 2019 | Closing: March 31, 2019
The Bureau of Planning & Development at the Office of the Bronx Borough President is looking to hire a Lead Planner. The qualified candidate should have a planning degree or a planning-related degree with AICP credentials.
• Assist the Director and department on all technical, design and policy matters related to planning, development and topography in The Bronx.
• Primary oversight for the borough’s housing and environmental portfolio. Will also have the opportunity to manage transportation, economic development, institutional development, open space, waterfront and topographic projects.
• Provide technical assistance and recommendations on site development with property owners, developers, not-for-profits and government agencies
• Review and produce policy recommendations for development, land use and environmental legislation
• Review and produce recommendations for ULURP projects
• Responsible for reviewing and sign-off for Topographic Bureau house number applications.
• Coordinate with Director on establishing department policy and work plan
• Supervise departmental staff when director is away, and as necessary.
• Represent the Borough President and Department of Planning & Development at meetings, public events, workshops, conferences, and related events.
• Coordinate with other departments, particularly as it relates to capital budgeting, policy, and programmatic issues.
• Lead short-term and long-term research projects.
• Experience working with diverse stakeholders across different sectors
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Ability to take initiative while working in a collaborative team environment.
• Experience presenting complex concepts to non-planning professionals
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS and Adobe Suite
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Five years of professional planning experience.
• Master’s Degree in Urban Planning
• AICP strongly preferred. Non-AICP applicants will be expected to obtain AICP certification.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter addressed to:
James Rausse, AICP
Director, Planning & Development
Office of the Bronx Borough President
851 Grand Concourse, Room 301
Bronx, NY 10451
How to Apply
851 Grand Concourse
Room 301 Bronx Borough President’s Office