Lead Environmental Planner
Posted: November 3, 2018 | Closing: December 31, 2018
Be involved in projects with our Northeast Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a highly motivated Lead Environmental Planner for our New York City environmental and planning practice. This mid-level environmental scientist/planner will contribute to a wide variety of environmental and planning assignments, including the development of environmental impact statements, transportation and infrastructure projects, land use plans, transit-oriented development (TOD) plans, neighborhood redevelopment plans, and community resiliency plans for public and private clients. The primary responsibility of the position is development of permitting strategy and coordination of permit applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, prepare, and review technical studies, environmental impact assessments, and permit applications for projects in the transportation, water, energy, and land development sectors.
- Attend meetings with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Attend and participate in public outreach meetings.
- Travel for project meetings within the northeastern United States or other areas is possibly required to successfully perform project duties.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, urban studies, transportation planning, or environmental studies.
- 7-15 years’ relevant years’ experience, including 5 years’ New York City experience.
- Sound understanding of environmental regulatory requirements and NEPA/SEQRA/CEQR environmental review processes.
- Demonstrated experience preparing or contributing to NEPA/SEQRA/CEQR environmental impact assessments and/or permit applications associated with projects in the transportation, water, energy, or land development sectors.
- The ability to handle a wide variety of projects and multiple assignments with a creative attention to detail is a must.
- The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and ESRI ArcGIS.
- Master’s degree in planning, urban studies, transportation planning, or environmental studies
- Experience obtaining permits from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service, and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
How to Apply
Apply online at http://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=39281