Lead Environmental Planner
Organization: WSP USA
Posted: August 25, 2023 | Closing: November 12, 2023
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Environmental Planner for our New York, New York office. Be involved in projects with our Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Collect, identify, and compile environmental data from multiple matrices for projects, research, and surveys.
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS data, and other visualization tools to determine site impact, and associated physical, urban, economic, and political sensitivities.
- Prepare data and visualizations such as tables, charts, models, infographics, and figures for the interpretation or presentation of data, findings, or analyses.
- Assist with preparing land use applications and representing clients in the zoning entitlement process with local jurisdictions.
- Participate in public involvement and consensus-building meetings in support of client project work.
- Prepare drafts of technical memos, meeting minutes, transmittals, presentations, and other written materials summarizing research with findings and conclusions.
- Assist in the analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of facts and data obtained during field and site investigations
- Assist with reading, interpreting, composing, and reviewing Planning Reports, Categorical Exclusions, EA’s, EISs, and other technical documents.
- Work with cross-functional teams in executing project work.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Environmental Planning, or a related field (or equivalent experience.)
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in the environmental planning field
- Familiarity with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, work independently, and comply with company policies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and ArcGIS.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Experience preparing NEPA, SEQRA, and/or CEQR environmental impact assessments
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Experience in New York City
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $80,000-$110,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
How to Apply
Please use the link below to apply for the opportunity: