Land Use Planner
Organization: Laberge Group
Posted: February 8, 2019 | Closing: March 7, 2019
Laberge Group based in Albany, New York has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and talented land use planner. This individual will work collaboratively with our team to prepare and assist in the preparation of:
- Comprehensive & Master Plans
- Zoning Regulations & Land Use Ordinances
- Brownfield Opportunity Area Plans
- Open Space/Recreation Plans
- Environmental Assessments (SEQR/NEPA)
- Community Development Strategic Plans
- Main Street & Downtown Revitalization Plans
- Waterfront Revitalization Plans
- Economic Development Plans
- Grant Writing
The preferred individual will have significant experience in the local land use approval process and shall possess the skills to take a lead role in managing tasks. We are looking for a planner who can communicate well (written and verbally), has a strong technical aptitude, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelors in planning or related field required; Masters and AICP preferred.
- Six (6) or more years’ experience with similar projects.
- Must be a skilled public presenter.
- Proficient with zoning and land use codes; form based code experience preferred.
- Excellent technical writing and computer skills are required.
- Must be accomplished in the management of multiple tasks with excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required.
- Experience managing assignments using ESRI ArcGIS and InDesign software.
Laberge Group has provided engineering, surveying, planning, and community development services since 1964 to public and private sector clients. Our diverse portfolio of successfully completed project, coupled with an experienced core of project management and design staff, provides clients creative, integrated and distinctive solutions. We are large enough to be professionally exhilarating and challenging, and small enough to provide highly attentive service to our clients.
This is an opportunity to join a growing, well established firm which offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package. Check out our website at www.LabergeGroup.com.
All replies will be held in confidence.
Laberge Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a detailed resume including education, work history and experience with emphasis on the elements identified above to firstname.lastname@example.org