Land Development Manager
Organization: City of Milton (Greater Atlanta Area)
Posted: April 9, 2020 | Closing: April 6, 2020
The City of Milton is looking for a highly qualified individual to serve as our Land Development Manager.
This position oversees the day to day operations associated with the city’s environmental and land development regulations. Administers policies and procedures related to land development code compliance, permitting, enforcement, and complaint resolutions. Coordinates various staff workflows related to development activity such as plan reviewers, site inspectors, and arborists. Serves as a link between applicants and the city and communicates land development requirements to staff, developers, engineers and the public. Incorporates proper land development best management practices into public and private development within the city.
Typical duties include:
- Ensures compliance with various Federal, State and Local codes and ordinances as they apply to development activities, including enforcement of subdivision, erosion, and environmental regulations. Uses independent judgment to interpret ordinances and qualify whether projects meet requirements of current code or are vested under previous regulations.
- Applies knowledge of various codes and regulations to the review of plans and engineering studies required for permits associated with land disturbance. Coordinates staff adherence to professional standards related to plan review and communicates requirements to property owners, engineers, and developers.
- Receives plans and documents required for permit applications and approves applications for land disturbance permits. Processes final plats and plat revisions by reviewing for code compliance and presenting subdivisions of land to city council for approval.
- Supervises day-to-day land development inspection needs and coordinates work schedules of site inspectors to ensure project compliance. Assigns inspectors to respond to reports of alleged ordinance or code violations.
- Authorizes enforcement actions such as notices of violations, stop work orders, and citations to ensure compliance with city ordinances and state regulations as they relate to land disturbance. Uses an advanced knowledge of best management practices and environmental regulations to identify and resolve issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
For prompt consideration, send your resume to
Human Resources Director
City of Milton
2006 Heritage Walk
Milton, GA 30004