Organization: NYC Parks
Posted: November 3, 2018 | Closing: November 23, 2018
Title: Interagency Coordinator
NYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that builds and cares for public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play and enjoy. These public spaces, encompassing over 5,000 properties and 14% of the city’s land and coastline, include seawalls and waterfronts, pedestrian bridges, beaches and boardwalks, parks and playgrounds, historic houses, recreation centers and pools.
NYC Parks offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package that includes pension, excellent health coverage and a healthy work-life balance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.nyc.gov/parks.
- Under general direction, with wide latitude for independent judgment, supervise and perform specialized research and analysis in the fields of city planning, construction management, design review, agency engagement and contractor/consultant management for all infrastructure projects impacting parkland or NYC Parks assets throughout the five boroughs.
- Prepare and review diagrams, drawings, presentations, reports and other documents related to infrastructure projects and intra/inter-agency activities.
- Assist in assembling and presenting analysis and narrative materials relating to existing, required or proposed facilities and major infrastructure throughout the five boroughs; develop and coordinate a work program for each assigned agency.
- Develop new policies and procedures to achieve innovation and improve efficiencies within the agency.
- Meet with consultants, applicants, community groups, elected officials and other agency staff to explain the objectives and implications of infrastructure projects.
- Evaluate planning, land use and construction management policies in need of investigation and develop alternative solutions and recommendations.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
- High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in “1” above.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates.
- Strong writing and administrative skills.
- Prior experience with planning, civil engineering, landscape design or forestry/horticulture.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with design and construction plan review.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and GIS.
- Valid New York State driver license.
Salary: $52,524 – $81,535 plus excellent benefits
Apply by: 11/23/18
How to Apply
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search
Search for Job ID#: 372429
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.