Fundraising Intern, Development Department – Fall 2019
Organization: The Municipal Art Society of New York
Posted: August 8, 2019 | Closing: August 16, 2019
For over 125 years, The Municipal Art Society of New York (MAS) has worked to educate and inspire
New Yorkers to engage in the betterment of our city. As one of the city’s oldest nonprofit advocacy
organizations, MAS mobilizes diverse allies to focus on issues that affect our city from sidewalk to
skyline. Through three core campaign areas, MAS protects New York’s legacy spaces, encourages
thoughtful planning and urban design, and fosters inclusive neighborhoods across the five boroughs.
Hours per week: 16 to 20 hours
Duration: 12 weeks minimum
Start Date: Early September
Reports to: Fundraising Team
Education: Applicants must be currently enrolled in a master’s or bachelor’s degree program for the
duration of the internship.
MAS seeks a part-time Fundraising Intern in the Development Department to provide support in the
planning and execution of development campaigns, appeals and events throughout the year,
including the annual Summit for New York City.
The internship will focus on:
Conducting research for fundraising projects and event planning
Writing letters and other correspondence
Contributing to production of reports, presentations, printed materials and webpages
Liaising with donors and members
Assisting with logistics associated with meetings and events
Using and updating the donor database
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to successfully manage multiple projects
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
• Interest in urban advocacy, preservation and policy
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience working with a CRM Database
• Experience working with WordPress
• Experience with photography
How to Apply
The application deadline is August 15.
To apply, please email a resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line
“Intern, Development – Fall 2019”. No phone calls please.
For more information about MAS, visit www.mas.org.