Organization: Regional Plan Association
Posted: August 21, 2019 | Closing: August 31, 2019
Regional Plan Association is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic executive assistant to provide administrative support to the organization’s executive staff and operations team. The executive assistant will work closely with RPA’s president and alongside the operations team to help manage the organization and the office. This position is excellent for individuals interested in learning about the inner workings of a non-profit organization.
- Coordinate executive staff schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements;
- Support executive staff’s special projects and prepare relevant materials (i.e. presentations and memos, among other items);
- Manage the front office and be the face of the organization to visitors and callers;
- Maintain office facilities, including event spaces and other shared spaces;
- Maintain administrative files and assist maintaining organizational client database,
- Organize and support internal and external meetings and events; and
- Provide administrative support for the board of directors and committees.
- Excellent technical, communication, and organization skills; candidates should be able to take initiative and balance multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Salesforce and the Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Interest in urban planning a plus.
- And a sense of humor!
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Work may occasionally include evening meetings. This position is based in RPA’s New York office.
RPA conducts research, advocacy and planning on regional and national priorities, including open space and environmental sustainability, transportation, economic development, and governance. Our team of talented professionals is passionate about developing and sharing ideas that foster thriving, healthy cities and communities.
We are an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization based in New York City, with offices in Stamford, CT, Newark, NJ, and Princeton, NJ. We encourage a challenging, collaborative, and fun work environment. We also believe in work-life balance.
RPA is a workplace that values diversity and is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment and promotional opportunities are equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter, resume and any other relevant materials to the following Jotform link: https://form.jotform.com/92185336400957
Because of the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to reply to every applicant. We kindly request no phone calls or emails.