Director of Senior Services
Organization: Bridge Street Development Corporation
Posted: August 4, 2020 | Closing: September 30, 2020
Position: Director of Senior Services
Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) – An innovative community development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC operates the 93-unit Quincy Senior Residences and offers a wide array of health, wellness, social, recreational, and educational programming for both residents and seniors from the community at large.
The Director of Senior Services is responsible for the management and development of programs focused on the needs of older adults and promotion of programs that address the social, physical and emotional needs of the elderly. This includes, but is not limited to, the administration of existing programs, development and implementation of new programs services, advocacy and civic engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Management of Quincy Senior Residences in coordination with the building management company;
• Oversee the operations of all Senior Services programs;
• Manage budgets, monitor and report on program effectiveness and achievement of program objectives, impacts and deliverables;
• Manage all grant and funding reporting including government contracts, foundation grants, and other required reporting;
• Responsible for recruiting, training and supervising all staff members on the Senior Services team. Develop procedures and ensure coverage and emergency coverage for all programs;
• Develop and implement programs that support the mission of the organization;
• In conjunction with BSDC staff, assist with grant proposals for existing and/or new programs;
• Build community partnerships through meetings and attendance at community events, including; special events, precinct council meetings, community board meetings;
• Establish a presence for BSDC as a leader and expert in Senior Services. Stay abreast of trends in needs, services, and funding for seniors.
• Liaise regularly with multiple City agencies including DYCD, DFTA and others to leverage resources and acquire the necessary support for projects and initiatives;
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Degree in Social Work or related field preferred;
• Ten years professional experience, including direct practice, supervision, program administration and knowledge of evaluation and outcome measures;
• Demonstrated strong supervisory and administrative skills;
• Demonstrated written and oral communications skills;
• Proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management).
• Commitment to engaging diverse constituents in low- and moderate-income communities; be interested in understanding the different perspectives and needs of diverse community stakeholders ;
• Experience and/or knowledge with Bedford Stuyvesant or similar communities;
• Knowledge of successful community organizing, consensus and coalition building techniques and best practices;
• Experience with and knowledge of digital/social media marketing and campaigns;
• Demonstrate a passion and commitment to working with and supporting the needs of seniors;
• Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through;
• Ability to complete tasks and projects with tight deadlines;
3 Professional References
How to Apply
Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all documents as PDFs and write “Director of Senior Services” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please see www.bsdcorp.org for more information about BSDC and its programs. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
3 Professional References