Community Engagement Coordinator
Organization: Norwalk Redevelopment Agency
Posted: February 29, 2020 | Closing: March 6, 2020
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and support implementation of the agency’s communications and marketing plan, social media, advertising, and other stakeholder initiatives to increase public awareness about agency programs.
- Manage agency outreach activities for all projects.
- Work with agency leadership to maintain a visually appealing and user-friendly website, Facebook and Instagram accounts and newsletters that keep the community aware of agency programs and events.
- Collaborate with staff, consultants, and community leaders to promote events, volunteer achievements and organizational highlights.
- Perform internal audits of agency practices to align internal and external operations.
- Create and implement cost-effective community outreach events that support Norwalk residents.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive & Deputy Director.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in communications, marketing, urban planning, public or business administration.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in communications, marketing, urban planning, public outreach or related discipline.
- Advanced experience developing public outreach programs and community engagement initiatives.
- Strong and thorough communication, organizational, and presentation design skills.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Creative Suite experience highly regarded.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to bbidolli”at”norwalkct.org (NOTE: remove *at* and replace with @ in email address)