Communications & Engagement Specialist
Organization: Public Works Partners
Posted: January 23, 2020 | Closing: February 21, 2020
Public Works Partners seeks a creative thinker with sharp visual and oral communication skills, who gets excited about delivering effective messages through strong writing and storytelling. The Communications & Engagement Specialist will play a significant role in building the firm’s profile with our public, nonprofit and urban planning clients, as well as contribute to the conceptualization and implementation of dynamic public engagement strategies for client engagements. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter with a very strong ownership mindset who is comfortable working on visual-heavy projects with tight timeframes, able to adapt quickly and work in a dynamic environment, and has a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent written and critical thinking skills necessary for drafting responsive, client-driven proposals and presentations.
- Strong creative design and analytical skills, and the ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into engaging corporate communication strategy through blog posts, email newsletters, and social media posts.
- Experience supporting internal and external outreach efforts. Contribute to developing and implementing outreach strategy by building outreach lists, forming audience insights, and developing messaging.
- Ability to drive business visibility and development.Manage marketing calendar, including researching award, event, and speaking opportunities.
- Experience leading community management.Serve as a community manager for Public Works’ social media channels and draft social content.
- Experience developing strategy on project-specific marketing activities. Coordinate production of project marketing support materials.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of communications, marketing, design management, or business development experience in an agency, consultancy, startup, or nonprofit.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and AdWords, social media analytics, Mailchimp, WordPress.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) to create reusable templates and data visualizations.
Preferred qualifications (candidates would ideally have at least one):
- Experience in public and/or nonprofit sector, particularly in New York City and State
- Experience working on community and public engagement strategies and activities
- Familiarity with user-centered and human-centered design strategies and activities
- Experience with B2B marketing and communications
- Ability to use GIS to conduct spatial analysis
- Fluency in one of the ten New York City languages: Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Bengali, Haitian Creole, Korean, Arabic, Urdu, French, and Polish
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your resume, cover letter, and 1 writing sample to email@example.com and indicate you are applying for the Communications & Engagement Specialist position in the email subject line.