Associate Program Manager, Transit Proposals
Posted: December 19, 2020 | Closing: January 6, 2020
About the Role
The Uber Transit team partners with public transit agencies and city governments around the world to build more efficient, accessible, and equitable public transportation networks for the millions of people who depend upon them! We do this by leveraging our network of drivers and our cutting edge trip-matching and routing software to support first/last-mile connection programs, late-night rides, and on-demand shared transit.
We are looking for a sharp, highly motivated individual to run responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and other government solicitations, start to finish. This role requires a diverse set of skills, including precise writing, project management, and public speaking. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail and is a fast paced teammate who is excited to work with internal and external partners to develop and pitch solutions that will enhance the public transit experience.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze RFP documents to review opportunities, evaluate product fit, and develop response strategies
- Create and implement project plans, aligning teams in support of proposal needs and timeline
- Compile and write portions of proposals including project descriptions, descriptions of services, cover letters, resumes, etc.
- Design or coordinate the design of high-quality visuals and narratives
- Maintain a proposal response library and assist in the creation of content
- Collaborate with Sales and Product teams to ensure offerings are up to date and competitive
- Attend pre-proposal and post-award meetings, demos, and press events
- Act as an advocate for transit agencies, learning their needs and ensuring internal teams are building the right products to address those needs
- Deliver winning proposals that are accurate, vetted, and compelling
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ of experience
- 3-4 years of experience in project management, technical writing/editing, permit/grant writing, or similar; government procurement experience is highly preferred
- Superb writing and editing skills; the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to a wide range of business partners with a concise, thorough, creative, and persuasive style
- A high level of organization and attention to detail; you’ll be expected to produce quality, error-free work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work with and get consensus from cross-functional teams
- An owner’s mentality; able to take on whatever work is needed for your team to accomplish its goal
- A passion for public transportation and/or working with governments
- Experience with the Google Suite and Salesforce; graphic design skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree; background in transportation, public policy, preferred
Applicants will be required to submit one or more writing samples.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
How to Apply