Assistant Planner (Planning)
Organization: Town of Greenburgh
Posted: January 1, 2019 | Closing: February 13, 2019
Department of Community Development and Conservation
Open Position: 1 – Assistant Planner (Planning) Department: Planning and Zoning
Job Group: Management Salary: $50,127 – $54,529 Work Week: 35 hours
Distinguishing Features of this Class: Under direct supervision of the Director of Planning or other high level employee, an incumbent of this class prepares detailed plans, maps, and designs for the municipality and makes specific physical planning studies as directed. This is an entry level position in the planning series. Supervision is not normally a function of this position. Does related work as required.
Examples of Work (Illustrative Only):
- Prepares sketches, designs maps, and reports for use in making studies of land use, population distribution, transportation, housing, recreation, detailed area and site plans, etc. . . from field study data and reference materials related to the comprehensives or master plans for the municipality or to local planning problems and issues;
- Assists with or makes field surveys and inspections of the actual area and improvements involved in a particular planning study;
- Assists with technical analyses, internal and regional impact studies, and SEQRA reviews.Makes technical site plan and subdivision reviews and physical, social and economic studies by various departments.
- May develop, update and maintain municipal; maps in a Geographic Information System for us by various departments.
- May prepare GOS reports and analysis for various engineering and planning projects, and or municipal assessments maps;
- Confers with local planning and zoning officials, as assigned, concerning the details of local plan development,
- Attends staff meetings to review current work and to receive general orientation and instruction;
- May provide continuous contact between the local Planning Board and application for Board action.
Minimum Acceptable Training and Experience: Either (a) Bachelor’s Degree and one (1) year of experience in which the primary function of the position was urban or regional planning, architecture, engineering or a related field; or (b) Bachelor’s Degree in City,. Urban, or Regional Planning, Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Traffic or similar), Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Geography or a related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attributes: Good knowledge of the general principals used in municipal planning; working knowledge of the techniques used in municipal planning; working knowledge of zoning and subdivision principles and practices; working knowledge of planning standards in land use development; ability to prepare sketches, designs, and maps from field studies or office materials; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to read, write understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position; ability to effectively use various computer application such as spreadsheet, word processing, calendar, email, database software, CAD and GIS; initiative, imagination, tact, good judgement, physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
How to Apply
Email Cover letter and resume to:
or call: (914) 989-1538