Organization: Hudson County Division of Planning
Posted: October 10, 2020 | Closing: October 23, 2020
The Hudson County Division of Planning is accepting applications for an Assistant Planner.
- A Bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by 21 semester hour credits in professional urban planning subjects.
- One (1) year of professional experience in municipal, county, regional or state planning
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in community outreach.
Responsibilities will include, are not limited to, the following:
- Research and conduct preliminary analysis to prepare reports on planning matters, including demographic and economic conditions.
- Assist in planning and facilitating public stakeholder meetings and engage the public in the field for various planning efforts.
- Design and formulate layouts of planning documents, promotional flyers, and other graphic materials.
- Assist with Hudson County Planning Board business as needed. Tasks may include assisting in the review of all site plan and subdivision applications, processing application fee submissions, drafting correspondence to project attorneys, monitoring pending application statuses, following up on post-approval conditions, communicating with members of the public about the application process, and administrative support.
- Provide staff assistance for various Committees, including the Hudson County Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Committee and the Hudson County Open Space Advisory Board. Assistance may include support during and writing the meeting minutes.
- Compile necessary materials and information for applications for various grant programs.
- Assist the Division with the Shade Tree Program, community outreach, stormwater management, and transportation planning, as needed.
- Collaborate with staff on various Division projects and provide administrative, research, and organizational support as needed.
Hudson County residency preferred.
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume with references, and writing sample to Francesca Giarratana, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com.