Affordable Housing Project Manager
Organization: Clinton Housing Development Company
Posted: December 2, 2019 | Closing: January 15, 2019
NATURE OF WORK
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day project management of affordable housing and community development projects, from inception through construction completion & occupancy. Duties include coordinating all development activities with the appropriate architects, consultants, contractors, joint venture partners, government agencies and lenders. Current CHDC projects range from 10 to 100 housing units and community facilities include both substantial rehabilitation and new construction.
• Development phase:
1. Create project narrative description, “sources and uses” budget, and schedule.
2. Prepare site feasibility, zoning analyses, existing conditions reports and a project space program.
3. Prepare project financial projections including development and operating budgets.
4. Engage and coordinate project consultants including architect, engineers, surveyors, inspection firms, and other specialty consultants.
5. Review and coordinate work of all consultants, including site inspections, development of scope/program, development of design and construction documents.
6. Represent organization and present project during public approval process.
7. Work with consultants, government agencies and lenders to ensure required project information is submitted and approved in a timely manner.
8. Organize, manage and direct the procurement process for construction manager and/or general contractor, and prepare all necessary contracts.
9. Confirm and verify proposed construction cost.
10. Coordinate with CHDC staff, consultants, and project attorneys to prepare, collect and organize all closing documents.
• Construction phase:
1. Prepare agenda, minutes and chair project construction meetings.
2. Coordinate consultants, review construction work, and track progress.
3. Work with architect and general contractor to track and monitor submittals and approvals.
4. Obtain approvals of contractor requisitions, invoices, and vouchers from lenders.
5. Track and monitor project schedule, project budget and anticipated costs.
6. Manage change order process and track all proposed or potential change orders.
• Close out phase:
1. Work with architect, expeditor and contractor to obtain temporary and final certificate of occupancy and signoffs from all City and other governmental agencies.
2. Arrange for orderly turnover to CHDC operations, maintenance & asset management staff, including turnover of operating manuals, warranties, and maintenance contracts, and appropriate staff training.
3. Work with city agencies to secure appropriate tax exemption certificate.
4. Aid CHDC staff in leasing and tenant move-in
5. Close-out all construction and consultant contracts, including making final payments, getting waivers of lien and closing out all open permits.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 4 years related work experience required
• Proven knowledge of design & construction process.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
• Must be a self-starter with drive to take projects to completion
• Must have excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to manage several projects at once
• Must be comfortable in the field as well as in an office setting
• Computer literacy required, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Director of Design and Construction
$55,000 – $65,000
How to Apply
Application: send all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com